|About Dr. Jim Anderson||Articles from Dr. Jim Anderson|
|Dr. Jim Anderson Images||
|Questions to Ask|
Year after year when the surveys of what scares people the most come out, ranking at the top of the list above such favorites as snakes, fire, and even dying is speaking in public. Even those of us who have been able to overcome our fear of standing up and speaking before a group still feel a vague sense of unease as we wonder if we are doing a good job of it.
Public speaking is a critical skill that we all need to master in order to be successful. In order to get the most out of both yourself and your employees, you need to be able to clearly and effectively communicate both what you want and how you want it done. The best way to do this is to be able to stand up and tell them what you need them to do. Dr. Jim Anderson can help both you and your team do this well.
Dr. Anderson has developed the Clear Blue Presentation System(tm) that contains the lessons learned from over 25 years of public speaking experience broken down into 7 simple stages. Each of these stages works together to take a speaker from the moment that they agree to give a speech (or get assigned) to the actual delivery of the speech. Finally there is a way to ensure that you are able to create powerful and effective speeches that not only engage your audience, but also get your message across to them and cause them to take action.
Dr. Anderson is well versed in business communication issues as they relate to creating and delivering high energy presentations and can speak on a number of topics, including:
- Why do most speeches fail to hold their audiences attention?
- What are the 5 types of stories that can be used in a business presentation?
- What are the 3 things that a speaker should never do while giving a speech?
- What can people who are “ok” at giving speeches do to take their speeches up to the next level?
- Does using PowerPoint slides help or hurt a speaker?
- What are the 7 rules that every presenter should follow when making PowerPoint slides?
- What’s the best way for a speaker to work multimedia into a presentation?
- How can a speaker win a room over to his / her side before the speech even starts?
- How can a modern speaker deal with cell phone, tablets, and other audience distractions?
- How is giving a presentation over the phone different from speaking to a group and what do you need to do differently?
- What’s the one thing that you can add to your next speech that will make it unforgettable?
- The 4 parts of your speaking style that you need to learn how to control
Dr. Jim Anderson can show you how to transform your next speech from boring into unforgettable. Download his one-pager for more ideas. Please contact us with a specific request.