Dr. Jim Anderson has been selected to host the 2010 Tampa Bay Engineer’s Week Banquet. This will be Dr. Anderson’s 5th time as the master-of-ceremonies for this annual 500+ person banquet. The banquet is sponsored by 8 professional engineering societies to celebrate the contributions of local engineers from multiple disciplines.The societies participating include:
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE),
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME),
- Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE ),
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE),
- American Society of Civil Engineers, West Coast Branch (ASCE ),
- American Society of Highway Engineers (ASHE ),
- Florida Engineering Society (FES).
The annual Tampa Bay Engineers Week Banquet will be held on the evening of Friday, February 19, 2010, at the Tampa Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI).
Dr. Anderson will be coordinating the presentation of awards at the show. Awards will be presented to outstanding engineers in each discipline, as well as local engineering students excelling in their engineering related studies.