Blue Elephant Consulting is pleased to announce a new training partnership with OakTree Software. The two firms have teamed up to offer a two-day workshop for IT managers. For the first time, management training that was previously only available to Fortune 100 companies will now be made available to any manager or supervisor who needs it.
OakTree Software is a full-service Information Technology Company providing staffing, training, consulting, and network services to clients around the United States since 1995. OakTree is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
For the first time, an IT manager workshop called “Secrets Of Becoming An IT Leader Who Can Deliver Real Results” will be offered to the general public. Dr. Jim Anderson will be the instructor and the course will be presented at OakTree’s training facilities in Tulsa on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 1-2, 2011.
Here’s a description of the course:
Are you a new IT supervisor? Maybe you are a seasoned IT leader. While anyone can be a manager, it takes special skills to become a true IT Leader. Making the transition from an individual technical contributor to managing a team of technical professionals is never easy, and in today’s mixed up global economy it’s become even harder.
OakTree Software has teamed with the industry’s premier IT management skills consultant Dr. Jim Anderson, ”The Business Side of IT Expert,” to present a leadership workshop that has been tailored to meet the unique needs of IT managers and supervisors. Unlike any other management workshop, this is the one that will provide you with the real-world skills that you’re going to need to be successful in 2011 and beyond.
Building on the technical skills that you already have, this two-day workshop will provide you with both the foundational skills and the advanced techniques that you are going to need in order to be successful in an ever-changing world. Forget dry classroom lectures and get ready for the core knowledge, real world examples, and hands on role playing that will bring the skills that you need alive and make it easy to remember everything that is covered.
In order to ensure that you’ll get the opportunity to closely interact with Dr. Anderson and get all of your questions answered, we’re deliberately limiting the number of students that we’ll accept into this class. You can sign up for either one day (Fundamentals Skills) or at a discounted price two days (fundamental skills and Maximum Management Skills).
Day 1 — Fundamental Skills That Every Technical Manager Needs
- Setting Goals That Your Team Will Be Motivated To Achieve
- How To Hire The Best Employees (And How To Avoid Making Mistakes)
- Keeping The Team That You Have By Making The Grass Greener Here
- You Can’t Do It All — Delegate With Confidence
- 120 Hours Is Never Enough: How To Manage Your Time In Order To Be Successful
- It Takes A Team To Make You Successful
- How A Manager Becomes A Coach
- Problem Employees: What To Do With Your Bad Apples
Day 2 — Maximum Management: Skills That Produce Superior Managers and Teams
- Will You Be Ready When A Crises Hits?
- Move Your Career Forward By Moving Your Team Member’s Careers Forward
- The Difference Between Management & Leadership
- What You Need To Know About Setting & Executing A Strategy
- Budgeting: Follow The Numbers
- What Your Company’s Financial Statements Are Trying To Tell You
- Accounting 101: Using Net Present Value And Internal Rate Of Return To Make Decisions
- Follow The Money: How to Use The Breakeven Analysis And Operating Leverage Planning Tools
This is a great investment to make sure 2011 is your best year ever!
Course Prices: Discounted price for Day 1 & Day 2 – $1,450, Day 1 only – $800